Established in the 1960's, Highveld Honey Farms has grown into one of the largest honey producers in the southern hemisphere.
We run approximately 8000 bee-hives in the summer rainfall area, moving the hives to different flowering crops as needed.
- This allows us to offer pollination services to a wide range of farmers in Gauteng, Free State, KwaZulu-Natal, Mpumalanga and Limpopo provinces.
- We distribute a broad range of South African honey products as well as imported honey to wholesale and retail markets, both locally and abroad.
- From harvesting to cold extraction processing and packaging, our honey remains pure and clean, maintaining its beneficial and potent properties. Our state-of-the-art packaging plant is approved by independent food safety auditors.
- Much of our honey is packaged in a variety of containers for different retailers under their own brand names.
- Individual, end-user customers are serviced though our inhouse shop in Benoni.
- We supply a wide range of beekeeping equipment for the hobbyist and part-time beekeeper as well as specialist equipment for the small scale beekeeper.
- We also buy honey and beeswax – any quantity.
Rest assured: All our honey, whether house branded (or packaged for different retailers under their own brand names) is regularly tested by independant certifiers in Sweden, and the results show: 100% PURE HONEY!
Please see the certification logos at the bottom of the page. They link to our documentation.