Our house brand honey goes by the names Little Bee Honey or Highveld Honey Farms and both are widely sold throughout Southern Africa.
Little Bee Honey originates in South Africa and is blended with imported honey. This is clearly stated on the product packaging as per DAFF Honey Regulations. Little Bee is has a unique Blue Gum honey flavour.
Highveld Honey Farms brand is purely South African honey, with a variety of flavours (depending on the season) such as Orange Blossom, Aloe, Macadamia, Subtropical fruits and Blue Gum
In complying with all regulations governing the production of honey, our honey:
- Has no traces of any foreign sugars (including C4 sugar), therefore our honey meets the specifications for pure honey as shown in the Intertek Analysis report.
- Meets the Department of Agriculture, Land Reform & Rural Development (DALRRD) Regulation: R835.
- Is packaged in our state-of-the-art bottling plant which has a certified food safety management system - FFC 22 000 and is certified by Intertek Sweden.
- Is Halaal and Kosher certified.
Rest assured: All our honey, whether house branded (or packaged for different retailers under their own brand names) is regularly tested by independant certifiers in Sweden, and the results show: 100% PURE HONEY!
Please see the certification logos at the bottom of the page. They link to our documentation.
- 375 g Squeeze bottles
- 500 g Squeeze bottles
- 1 kg Squeeze bottles
NB: Honey varies greatly in colour, flavour and consistency. It all depends on the blossoms from which the bees have gathered their nectar.
This is a natural process and does not affect the quality of honey.
If crystals appear... stand the honey in a container of hot water and allow to warm slowly.
Honey's shelf life:
If properly stored -
We source only the best honey from different countries in the world depending on the seasons' crops, to supplement our South African honey. Imported honey is irradiated to ensure that bee-diseases are not imported into South Africa. In terms of South African legislation, all imported honey needs to be irradiated before clearing customs. Our South African honey is not irradiated.
- Irradiated honey is bacteria free
- Irradiated honey is safe to feed infants
- Irradiated honey is free from Clostridium and Listeriosis
- Irradiation activates enzymes making it more healthy, with better antiseptic properties for burns and wounds.